Panem et Circenses

Panem et Circenses

Saturday, January 14, 2012

Black Olive Bread

Black Olives, Olive Oil, Milk, Honey, Bread Flour, Rye Flour, Gluten, Salt, and Yeast
This loaf of bread has a serious black olive taste, almost to the point that I felt that there were too many olives in the loaf.  It has a wonderful flavor, but I found that I could only eat a thin slice at a time because of the flavor.  I tried spreading whipped cream cheese on the bread which mellowed out the black olives and made it much more enjoyable.  My craving for potato soup kicked in after writing about it the other day, so for dinner we enjoyed potato soup with bacon bits and fresh Black Olive Bread with whipped cream cheese.  This has not been a favorite of the breads that I have done so far, but I plan to try it again sometime with green olives, just to see what it tastes like.
“Give me yesterday's bread, this day's flesh, and last year's cider.” - Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)

No comments:

Post a Comment