Panem et Circenses

Panem et Circenses

Saturday, January 28, 2012

Pane Francese

Ingredients: Italian Biga, Water, Bread Flour, Gluten, and Salt

I took some personal liberties making this loaf, I was only supposed to leave the biga in the machine for 8 hours or so, and by the time I got around to finally making this bread it had sat closer to 24 hours.  I don't know what it was supposed to look or taste like, but all I know is that this bread is my new favorite country bread.  This is a bread I will put a star next to so I can remember to make it again in the future.

I guess you could say that I have had a bad case of writer's block the past few days.  There are plenty of things on my mind, but since I don't want to offend or gossip I guess I will just have to keep mum for the time being.

I am on a huge civil war kick right now, both at school and here at home.  I recently finished re-watching Gone with the Wind, and now I am on to Gettysburg, Gods and Generals, and the Civil War documentary by Ken Burns.

All of your public schools across the nation are getting ready to transition over to what is called the Common Core.  Everything from language arts to science will be themed around various units throughout the school year.  For my student teaching I am going to be creating a Common Core Applied Project in which I will put together a portflolio of lessons, activities, and ideas combining the the educational core of the 5th grade with the theme of "American in Conflict" and the civil war.  My students do not have a clue what is in store for them next week, but I have all sorts of activites and lessons planned out that will connect to their spelling, math, science, and art. I am even teaching them how to dance the Virginia Reel. 

If you do not already know that we are currently commemorating the 150 Sesquicentennial of the American Civil War I highly suggest you check out http://www.nps.gov/civilwar150/ .  If I can plan it out just right, I want to visit Gettysburg next year and tour around the important sites of the war.

No comments:

Post a Comment