Panem et Circenses

Panem et Circenses

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Toasted Walnut Bread

Ingredients:  Walnuts, Water, Egg Whites, Butter, Flour, Sugar, Powdered Milk, Gluten, Salt, and Yeast.
Once again my bread has collapsed on me.  The dough kept rising until it hit the top of my maker and then collapsed.  But as I said before, I am learning as I go along. Next time I have made a note to just make the 1.5 lbs loaf and hopefully it will not raise so much.  The Toasted Walnut Bread really is quite tasty; I made an orange marmalade butter to go with the bread and I think the combination is fantastic.  The recipe book also suggests eating potato soup with this bread, but since I have already been to the store twice today, and even though potato soup sounds amazing right now, I am going to just be content with eating my bread and butter.
I have learned a few tips on keeping your bread fresh:  (1) Slice your loaves of  bread as you eat them, rather than slicing them all at one time. (2)  Store bread in a bread box or brown paper bag. (3) Do not refrigerate your bread, if you do it will stale quicker.
"Bread is the warmest, kindest of all words. Write it always with a capital letter, like your own name." - A café sign

No comments:

Post a Comment