Panem et Circenses

Panem et Circenses

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Tomato Bread

Ingredients:  Sun Dried Tomatos, Tomato Paste, Water, Bread Flour, Gluten, Salt,  and Yeast.

Tonight we be dancin!   My fifth graders are not going to know what hit them tomorrow when I teach them how to dance the Viriginia Reel as part of our unit on the Civil War.   I have some period songs for them to try, but I also found some very exciting Irish music for them to pound the gym floor with.  Turn on this music for a few minutes and I promise you will be dancing a jig around your kitchen.

SHAM ROCK VIRGINIA REEL BLEND
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjbgRLsJ1M0

I was supposed to make this dough into baguettes, but I got creative and decided to braid it instead before I baked it in my oven.  It has a beautiful redish orange color once it is finished kneading and an amazing texture once it is done baking.  Try dipping it in a mixture of olive oil and basalmic vinegar.

Last night I headed back to the gym after a year sabatical.  Tonight I can hardly move.  Every muscle in my body hurts, but it feels so good.

I am now finished with my first month of baking bread. Thank you for your loyalty to drop in to see what's cooking.

No comments:

Post a Comment