Panem et Circenses

Panem et Circenses

Monday, January 9, 2012

Yogurt Bread

Ingredients: Yogurt, Water, Bread flour, Gluten, Salt, Yeast
This morning for breakfast I prepared French toast with my loaf of Yogurt Bread.  It was simply fantastic!  I love breakfast foods, but quite frequently I never seem to have time to make anything in the morning. To make my meal taste even better I used REAL maple syrup. If you have never used this before I highly recommend that you do, it does cost a bit more, but the taste is fantastic.  I love being able to look at the ingredient list on a product and see just the basics. Only one ingredient listed here: maple syrup. Compare that to the other syrup in my cupboard whose ingredients include: high fructose corn syrup, cellulose gum, artificial flavor, sorbic acid, sodium benzoate, sulfer dioxide, color, and sodium citrate.  I do not have any idea what half of those are, so I do believe I am now a fan of real maple syrup, especially when it is drizzled over Yogurt Bread French Toast on a cold January morning.

Today was the first day in my student teaching classroom and the kids were  . . . let’s just say they were kids.  I love how they get so excited over the smallest things and everything is a big and important event to them.  I have several fans already, one student informed me after the first three hours that I was the best teacher ever.  I have not even taught yet.  When we went to the library they were curious about what books I liked to read and began asking me all sorts of questions.  I left the library with Fabelhaven by Brandon Mull in my hand; it came highly recommended by my class.  For lunch I ate a Tuna Fish Sandwich on Yogurt Bread.  It was very scrumptious.  I like the sweet taste that the yogurt gives to the bread.  Yogurt Bread is perfect for sandwiches.
Tonight I have taken the left-over bread from the day and made Melba toast.  - - - After a relationship breakup, Shirley MacLaine apparently ate her way through an entire box of Melba toast while sitting in a hotel in Stockholm. 

"There are people in the world so hungry, that God cannot appear to them except in the form of bread.” - Mahatma Gandhi (1869-1948)

No comments:

Post a Comment