Panem et Circenses

Panem et Circenses

Friday, February 3, 2012

Buttermilk Cheese Bread

Ingredients:  Buttermilk, Swiss Cheese, Water, Bread Flour, Sugar, Baking Powder, Salt, and Yeast.


This bread was wonderfully soft with a subtle Swiss cheese flavor.  Years ago when I was in elementary school I did a report on Switzerland.  As part of my presentation I brought wedges of Swiss cheese and squares of chocolate to share with my classmates. To this day the flavor of Swiss cheese conjures up memories of my days in school.

I finished teaching my students the Virginia Reel and they enjoyed it so much they asked to stay in from their recess break the next day to dance it again.  Many of my boys are still at the stage where they would rather dance with each other than with a girl, and when they do dance with a young lady they practically will do anything not to actually touch them, but since they are willing to participate I figure I won't be too hard on them. 

We had a snow day today and all of the kids brought sleds and snowboards to slide down the hill behind the school.  We had hot chocolate and spent a wonderful afternoon outside.  I think I shocked the students when I grabbed a sled and started sliding down the hill myself, and when I went off the jump they had built I think everyone of them thought I had lost my mind.  I wonder what they tell their parents at the end of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment