Panem et Circenses

Panem et Circenses

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Pane Toscana (With Green Olives)

And we are back!

Ingredients:  Water, Bread Flour, Whole Wheat Flour, Gluten, Yeast, Sugar, and Salt. (NO OLIVES!!)

This is another Country Bread made with a starter.  I decided to follow the variation suggested to add green olives to the dough.  I ended up nearly gagging and throwing the whole loaf away.  My roommates tried to say it was okay, but I got rid of it.  Next time I attempt to make Pane Toscana I will NOT be adding olives to it.  This is now strike two for me in the olive in bread department, I tried it, but it is certainly not my thing.

This week has been rather crazy. Between switching to a new placement in student teaching, camping, dancing, and cleaning I have just had just enough time to fit a little bread baking into my schedule.  Yes, yes, I know some of you have commented that I am getting behind, but trust me, we are just in February and we have another 10 months and 254 breads to go, we are not behind yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment