Panem et Circenses

Panem et Circenses

Sunday, February 5, 2012

Pecan Raisin Bread

Ingredients:  Pecans, Raisins, Water, Butter, Bread Flour, Dark Rye Flour, Brown Sugar, Gluten, Salt, and Yeast.

I wasn't home much this weekend so I attempted to make this loaf on the delay cycle even though Beth told me not to, and sure enough the top of the bread came out funny looking and deformed.  But the bread itself tasted great so everything is okay.  I thought the bread was a little dry, so I recommend lathering it up with some jam or marmalade.

I had a simply wonderful weekend.  I got to visit some of my ol' ballroom buddies and spend time with a few of my closest and best friends.  It has been a whirl-wind weekend, but I am now back home in Cedar writing lesson plans and baking bread.

The house is rather quiet.  My roommates are out and I am sitting here with a knot in my stomach listening to the news about Josh Powell blowing up his house with himself and his two little boys inside.  This case has been bizarre from the day that Susan Powell went missing back in 2009 while Josh took their two little boys camping late at night in the freezing cold weather.  Many of us have pointed fingers at Josh since the disappearance of Susan and now he has murdered both of his innocent little boys as well.  My prayers go out to Susan's family tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment