Panem et Circenses

Panem et Circenses

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Spring is Finally Here

Dear readers, 

These past few weeks have been some of the most difficult of my college career.  Between being sick, student teaching, dancing, interviews, and work I was not able to blog about the breads that I have been baking.  I am pleased to announce that I have recently baked my 60th loaf of bread out of Beth's recipe book and I am now ready to attack this goal head-on so that I can complete all 300 recipes by the end of the year.

I went in to see the doctor on a couple of occasions to find out why I was so tired and run down.  I thought that quite possibly I could have had a case of mono because the symptoms were so identical.  The blood work came back and everything was negative.  So here I am, a super stressed college guy on the verge of graduation trying to come to grips with the fact that after this May I have to be a "real" adult, with a "real" job, and never again be able to blame my crazy activities on my status as a college bachelor.

I am nearly finished with my student teaching.  I currently am working on submitting a resume for a Special Educator position that had opened up in my district.

I started work in Zion National Park on Saturday as an Interpretive Park Ranger.  Just putting on my uniform, badge, and ranger hat filled my soul with happiness.  I love the atmosphere and history that surrounds the National Park Service.  I am thrilled that I have found such a wonderful job to keep this this teacher eating during the summer months.

My ballroom dance concert is in ten days, graduation is in one month, and six weeks from now I will be in Alaska.  If I can hang on until then, life will be wonderful.  Until then I will be baking away in my kitchen.  This week I will be focusing on the spring and Easter breads that are found in my recipe book.

Wishing you all the best, 
Ren 

No comments:

Post a Comment